If you are new to research at UAMS, this website provides you with some guidance to help you get started.
1. Before you can conduct clinical research on the UAMS campus or any affiliated campus that uses the UAMS IRB, you must complete Human Subjects Protection and HIPAA for Research training.
- Go to www.citiprogram.org and select University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- All modules will require a score of 100% on each quiz.
- Certification is valid for 2 years.
- If you need assistance with this process, call Catrice Banks-Johnson, ORC Research Education Manager – 526-6879.
2. Contact information for UAMS committees/offices that may review your research:
- Bio-Safety Committee: Chair – Daniel Voth, PhD – 686-8050
- Biostatistics: Chair – Paula Roberson, PhD – 526-6726
- Division of Laboratory Animal Medicine (DLAM): Director – Mildred Randolph, DVM – 686-5255
- Environmental Health and Safety – Michael Webb, Ph.D. – 686-6958
- Grants and Cost Accounting: Director: Janet Hopper – 686-6841
- Institutional Review Board(IRB): Director – Jennifer Holland, JD – 526-7559
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC): Chair: Bill Gurley, Ph.D. – 686-6279; Director: Kerrey Roberto- 686-8542
- Office of Grants and Scientific Publications : Associate Director: DeAnn Hubberd – 686-6004
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP): Director: Suzanne Alstadt, 686-55021
- Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee(PRMC): Chair – Jeannette Lee, MD; Assistant – Pam Goldman – 526-2272
- Radiation Safety: Kim Wiebeck – 686-7803
- Office of Research Compliance: Research Compliance Officer, Darri Scalzo-686-8062
- Research Pharmacy: Director – Jennifer Roberts, PharmD – 686-6246.